For over 40 years Independent has provided a wide range of construction services on a variety of projects at O’Hare International Airport
O’Hare International Airport
O'Hare International Airport - Our 40 Year History
Over the last 40 years, IMI has maintained, repaired and serviced critical equipment at O’Hare Airport. This long-term relationship has been formed upon quality workmanship, competitive pricing and excellent rapport between the IMI team and the Department of Aviation. All work is performed in accordance with ASME codes, ANSI standards, City of Chicago and Illinois State regulations as required. IMI presently maintains six (6) ASME code stamps.
At O’Hare Airport, the Heating and Refrigeration Plant contains seven (7) boilers that range from 40,000 pounds per hour to 70,000 pounds per hour. IMI provided all the necessary personnel and emergency services to maintain equipment seven (7) days per week, twenty-four (24) hours per day, year round. Over time, this IMI team has grown from a crew size of four (4) to fifteen (15) people. Over the last 10 years Independent has work over 500,000 Man hours without and accident or security breach incidents.
Key Project Completed Over the Last 10 Years
- Repairs and upgrades to Mechanical systems at The H&R Building
- FedEx Warehouse.
- West Cooling Tower Replacement.
- Repairs to Bravo Bridge.
- Crash 1 Fire Station Solar Heating System.
- DX Maintenance for cooling systems Terminal 1,2,3
- Tradesman contact to supplement maintenance services Air side and Land side operations.
- Installation of the 2018 temporary De-Icing facility.
- Kidde Fire Training / DOA Midwest Training facility.
- Few environments present a wider range of regulatory requirements, safety and security considerations and other complexities to a contractor than O’Hare International Airport.
- Security during all Projects is an extremely high priority and allows for no breaches.
- Independent understands the requirements and durations required to perform and manage security clearances. For every project we are ready to supply fully badged and compliant workers.
- Protecting Workers, Aircraft and Airport Personnel each and every day while hundreds of inbound and outbound flights are accomplished.
- Every solution must be tailored to each of the projects demands, working in one of the world’s busiest airports
- We know that existing Airport infrastructure often contains hidden obstacles and unforeseen conditions. Our experienced project management team and highly skilled labor force produces a tightly integrated solution that works seamlessly and efficiently.
- Airlines of today make their operations as efficient as possible, while at the same time providing a world class service to their customers. A contractor that works for these airlines must adapt to the same logic.
- Airport construction requires innovative thinking and experience to ensure there’s minimal disturbance to operations.